Kalliopi Lemos (GR/UK) is a sculptor, painter and installation artist. She studied painting and printing at Byam Shaw School of Art, University of the Arts London, Central Saint Martins, where she also pursued post-graduate studies. She studied the art of Ikebana for 15 years.
She lives and works in London.
During the last decade Lemos has exhibited extensively in various international venues. Some of her most acclaimed projects are:
- 2015: At the Centre of the World, Nitra Gallery, Thessaloniki, Greece. Participating exhibition at the 4th Performance Festival, part of the program of the 5th Thessaloniki Biennial of Contemporary Art.
- 2015: ‘Nitra Gallery presents Kalliopi Lemos’ Booth at Art Athina, Athens,Greece.
- 2013-2015: I Am I Between Worlds and Between Shadows, Ioakimion Greek Girls’ High School, Fener, Istanbul. A parallel event of the 13th Istanbul Biennial – further extended until June 2015.
- 2014: Pledges, site-specific installation, Byzantine & Christian Museum, Athens
- 2013: Passages of Substance, Byzantine & Christian Museum, Athens.
- 2012: Encounters with Less-Remembered Lives, a.antonopoulou.art gallery, Athens.
- Navigating in the Dark, Part I, Benaki Museum, Athens.
- Navigating in the Dark, Part IΙ, Ibrahim Khan Mosque, Crete.
- Navigating in the Dark, Part IΙΙ, Crypt Gallery, St Pancras Church, London
- 2009: At Crossroads, Brandenburg Gate, Akademie der Kunste, Berlin.
- 2008: Transitions, BM Suma, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2007: Round Voyage, santralistanbul, Bilgi University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2006-2009: Crossing, Old Olive Factory, Eleusina.
- 2006: Rites of Passage, Pinakotheke of Cyclades, Syros.
Selected group exhibitions
- 2015 : Moving Image Istanbul, Istanbul, Turkey.
- 2011 : Polyglossia, Stegi Grammaton & Texnon, Onassis Foundation, Athens.
- 2004: Artists’ Books, ICA, London, United Kingdom.
- Perpetual Transitions, Onassis Cultural Foundation, New York.
- Round Voyage, santralistanbul, Bilgi University, Istanbul, Turkey.
- Pledges for a Safe Passage, 3rd International Canakkale Biennale, Turkey.
- 2015 : The Borusan Contemporary Art Collection Prize.